The Royal Canadian Air Force Association is a national organization whose members have a link to, or an affinity for, the aerospace industry, aviation pursuits, Royal Canadian Air Cadets, and/or community service, as well as those veterans who have actively served in the regular or reserves of the Canadian Armed Forces and other service organizations. The RCAFA consists of local groups (known as “Wings”), performing their service at a community level. The Wings are indeed the fabric of the Association.
We are extending an invitation to you and those in your organization to join the 783 (Calgary) Wing of the Royal Canadian Air Force Association. See the Application for Membership form attached and our RCAFA aims and objectives. If these are values you believe in, then you would fit very well into the membership of the Royal Canadian Air Force Association.
Membership advantages include:
- receiving the "Air Force" magazine, a national quarterly publication which informs members of industry and Forces developments, upcoming events, human interest stories, remember noteworthy moments in Air Force history, and shares some of the extraordinary experiences of Association members;
- receiving our Wing Newsletter, a local quarterly publication (produced by our members), keeping our membership informed of our local news and events;
- helping to organize, promote, present and/or attend the various activities hosted by the 783 (Calgary) Wing, such as:
- Annual events: Battle of Britain Commemoration Parade, and Remembrance Day Ceremony,
- Volunteering at the Wing Casino, held approximately every 18 months,
- Social events such as Wing Charter Night celebrations, the annual Christmas Party, Stampede Breakfast and our "Friendship Bus Tours."
- Supporting the Squadrons of Royal Canadian Air Cadets which are located in Calgary and the immediate area, as well as local Sea Cadet and Army Cadet corps;
- Being part of a group that helps benefit many community programs such as: For the Love of Children, Col. Belcher Hospital, and many others;
- Awards for service at the local, provincial or national level. Over the years, the 783 (Calgary) Wing, and its members, have been the proud recipients of many of these outstanding awards.
Joining the 783 (Calgary) Wing of the Royal Canadian Air Force Association is an effective way to serve in the local community, share your experiences, ideas and talents, and partake of the fun and fellowship that Wing members regularly enjoy.
Our Wing meets on the fourth Monday of each month, at the Centennial Branch #285 of the Royal Canadian Legion on Horton Road SW, Calgary at 7:00 pm, to discuss Wing business. Many of our members take this the opportunity to arrive at the Legion well before the meeting to socialize and share a meal and some fellowship with each other.