The Royal Canadian Air Force Association of Canada is a non-profit, community service organization established in 1948 as the Royal Canadian Air Force Association.
The Association seeks to maintain unity of purpose through its support, sponsorship and encouragement of all aspects of aviation, aerospace and aeronautics in all its branches. This includes:
- Honouring the past through perpetuation of the traditions of the Royal Canadian Air Force, commemorating significant events and providing a common bond for all aviation personnel;
- Encouraging improved aviation legislation, supporting both military and civil aviation, and promoting an adequate and effective defence aviation component to meet the requirements of National Defence;
- Actively promoting the future of the Canadian military and civil aviation, lobbying for the procurement of improved military aviation equipment and maintaining pressures for the further development of the overall Canadian aviation industry as a National economic resource;
- Participating in community programs designed to develop Canadian youth, particularly the Royal Canadian Air Cadet activities;
- Undertaking local community charitable projects, assisting air veterans and encouraging improved veterans’ legislation;
- Honouring the achievements and efforts of those deserving groups, organizations, Corporations, or individuals in or associated with the Canadian military and civil aviation;
- Fostering and encouraging a spirit of fellowship among those involved in aviation endeavours, past and present, and others who support aviation objectives; and
- Working for Canadian unity, and promoting and encouraging responsible citizenship among all Canadians
The National Executive Council (NEC) of the Royal Canadian Air Force Association of Canada may designate “Regions” of the Association, the boundaries of which shall be determined by the NEC. Within those Regions, “Groups” shall comprise one or more areas. For example, the Alberta Group of the Royal Canadian Air Force Association of Canada includes all of the Wings located in Alberta. A “Wing” may be established upon petition of members for a local branch, and upon approval and recommendation of the appropriate Group.
Each of these components of the Royal Canadian Air Force Association of Canada will have its own Executive Council that will hold its assets and liabilities, conduct its own business as appropriate to the locality, and make its own rules and regulations as long as those are not inconsistent with the overall bylaws of the Royal Canadian Air Force Association of Canada, and having been approved by the National or Group Executive Council.Meetings and Contact Information **(Meetings are currently taking place virtually for the safety of our community and members.)
783 (Calgary) Wing meets on the fourth Monday of each month from September through June (except December)Meeting Location
Royal Canadian Legion, Centennial Branch #285.
9202 Horton Road S.W. Calgary, Alberta
Meeting Time: 7:00 pm
Contact: Randy Fisher
Telephone: 403-852-0971Mailing Address:
11037-26 St SW
Calgary, Alberta T2W 6H3 Email:
General Information: info@783afacwingCalgary.ca